Are you considering hiring a digital marketing strategist but not sure where to start? If so, this episode of Real Talk, No Fluff is for you. Ronda and Liz talk about how to set up yourself and your new digital marketer for success.
We invite you to listen here on our website or from your favorite podcast player. Scroll below for episode summary and other resources.
Episode 18 Summary:
- If you’re a small business owner who has decided it’s best to hire a digital marketer to help you with some aspect of your digital marketing, the next step is to begin searching for and talking with some potential marketers. Keep in mind, too, that different marketers have different specialities, so not all digital marketers have the same mix of service offerings.
- Of course, you’ll want to get answers to those standard questions like the digital marketers’ rates and service offerings. But in this episode, we’re going to cover some of the important and less obvious questions to ask when hiring a digital marketer. We want to make sure you are as thorough as possible and able to compare apples to apples when making your hiring decision.
- Q1 – What is your experience in digital marketing, including which special platforms and tools? Do you have any specific training or certifications?
- Q2 – What amount and type of content do I need to provide to you?
- Q3 – How will we plan our online marketing calendar? And at what frequency?
- Q4 – What are your processes for approvals of drafts? (This could be for ads, email marketing, blog post writing, or social posts)
- Q5 – For someone managing your social media, you’ll want to make sure to ask if their pricing includes social media engagement and responding to DMs
- Q6 – What access will you need from me in order to do your job? Most platforms and tools have tiered access levels.
Episode 18 Takeaways:
Liz: Understand that you are searching for a competent digital marketer as well as someone who works well with you and your client-vendor expectations align in both directions.
Ronda: Make sure a digital marketer’s skill set closely matches your specific needs.
Resources: Content Strategy 101
Listen On: Apple Podcasts, Google Play, and Spotify
Continue the Conversation:
Connect with Us: