Is your demographic for your business women under the age of 25? Should you be on TikTok, Facebook, or Instagram? Or is your demographic men over the age of 35? Should you be on Facebook or Pinterest? In today’s episode, we’re going to break down which social media platform is right for your business.
We invite you to listen here on our website or from your favorite podcast player. Scroll below for episode summary and other resources.
Episode 5 Summary: How to choose the best social media platform for your small business
- Determining what social media platform – and how many platforms – is right for your small business is one of the most common questions we get from our clients.
- It’s important to note that there’s not one set of rules that will always apply in every situation. There are always exceptions.
- There are 4 main factors to help you determine which social media platform is right for your small business: 1.) Where are your customers spending time online? 2.) Where have your competitors set up social media profiles? 3.) What kind of content you have to use on social media? 4.) How much time you or your staff have to dedicate to social media?
- Check your Google Analytics to determine who visits your website, pay attention to the typical shoppers who visit your store, or directly ask customers what social media platforms they spend time on in order to help you determine what your client demographic is.
- Not all types of content work on every platform, so you need to be honest with yourself about what type and how much content you and your staff can create on an ongoing basis.
- When you share content that someone else created, you tell the social media platform that content is important and credible.
- What user generation content is and why it’s valuable.
- The type of content that works best on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok.
Episode 5 Takeaways:
Liz: “Look within” when making this decision; don’t be swayed by outside influences.
Ronda: Pick a type of content that you can create but also that works for your social media strategy.
Listen On: Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, and Spotify
Continue the Conversation:
Connect with Us: