Ever heard the phrase, “The money is in the list?” That list refers to your email list. In fact, the global e-mail marketing market was valued at $7.5 billion in 2020 and is projected to increase to $17.9 billion by 2027 (Statista, 2021). In today’s episode, we’re discussing the essential things to know about email marketing and all the ways it can positively impact your small business.
We invite you to listen here on our website or from your favorite podcast player. Scroll below for episode summary and other resources.
Episode 7 Summary: Email Marketing Basics for Small Business Owners
- Email marketing should complement your online and offline marketing efforts in content and voice.
- Email marketing can be used for selling, highlighting employees, company news, for preferred customer discounts, as a method to educate and help, and more.
- Think of your email marketing as a communication channel and not just a sales channel.
- Gather emails from visitors in-store, event attendees, pop-up offers on your website, passively on your website (footer or sidebar), through opt-in campaigns (e.g. ads to a landing page with a free offer), and more.
- There are regulations and “musts” that you have to follow with your email list and how you handle those who subscribe and unsubscribe.
- Unsubscribes are OK! And sometimes, even great for your list.
- Website email pop-up pros and cons…there are multiple styles, and some provide a better visitor experience than others.
Episode 7 Takeaways:
Liz: A small list can still be an effective list. Keep things simple and don’t let all the possibilities and automations of email marketing overwhelm you.
Ronda: Be on point with your brand, consistent, and think about things from a customer journey standpoint.
Listen On: Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, and Spotify
Continue the Conversation:
Connect with Us: