According to Convince & Convert, approximately 233 million Americans use social media in 2021. This is a slight increase over 2020. The average daily usage is 2 hours and 27 minutes (October 2021). In this episode, we answer the question: “Does every small business need social media?”
We invite you to listen here on our website or from your favorite podcast player. Scroll below for episode summary and other resources.
Episode 4 Summary: Does every small business need social media?
- Yes, you need to be on social media for your small business, but a single social media profile may be all that you need.
- Customers have an expectation that any business has at least 1 social media profile.
- Social media can be used for engaging with customers and potential customers, to provide easy access to basic information and contact methods for your business, to advertise (inexpensively), for customer service, to post relevant, complementary content, and to build and strengthen relationships with customers.
- You want to choose any social media platform based on where your customers are, what type of content you have to create and share, and how much time you have to dedicate to your online marketing.
- When deciding what social media platform is best, look at your ideal customer demographics, plus your content, plus where your competitors are.
Episode 4 Takeaways:
Liz: Be realistic and honest with yourself about the time, talent, and content creation capabilities you have so you can be successful and effective in your social media.
Ronda: Make sure you are on social media platforms that are relevant to your business and customer base.
Listen On: Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, and Spotify
Continue the Conversation:
Liz Jostes – LinkedIn, Website
Ronda VanBuren – LinkedIn, Website
Connect with Us:
Would you like to be our podcast guest? Or have a question or topic you’d like us to discuss? We’d love to hear from you!