According to research by Blue Corona, your website has 10 seconds to make an impression on your customer. Thirty-eight perfect of visitors will stop engaging with your website if the layout is unappealing. And 48% of visitors judge the credibility of your company on your website’s design. Listen in to hear why all businesses need a website, what elements every website needs, and common website planning and design mistakes we often see small business owners make.
We invite you to listen here on our website or from your favorite podcast player. Scroll below for episode summary and other resources.
Episode 3 Summary: Do I really need a website & things all sites need
- Yes, a website is essential for all businesses, even for those that have a brick and mortar store.
- Consumers expect businesses of all sizes to have a website, so not having one is often seen as a negative against your brand.
- Design (or re-design) your website as if you were a customer or prospective customer. Too often small business owners plan a website and write content from their standpoint, and end up not providing enough explanation of what they do, who they work with, and their expertise.
- Why you need to consider the customer’s journey to deciding to do business with you.
- Avoid getting caught up in what’s “trendy” in web design. Trendy often leads you down the wrong roads about what’s actually important for a good website.
- Plus, some common mistakes we see small business owners make.
Episode 3 Takeaways
Liz: Design your website and write your website copy with your potential customer in mind.
Ronda: You must walk the line between your customer and search engines, and what each likes and what each likes to see.
- WordPress Cookie Notice plugin
- Elizabeth Potts-Weinstein for website terms and privacy policies.
Listen On: Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, and Spotify
Continue the Conversation:
Connect with Us: