Business blogging offers a plethora of benefits. From improving your website SEO to marketing, we’re diving into the reasons why you should add blogging into your small business strategy.
We invite you to listen here on our website or from your favorite podcast player. Scroll below for episode summary and other resources.
Episode 9 Summary: Business Blogging 101: Reasons to Blog for your Business
- Every business should ideally be creating some type of original content. Blogging is long form, written content, with each new blog post published as a new link on your website.
- It’s important that your blog is part of your business website, and not a separate URL. If it’s not, you lose out or nearly all of the benefits blogging provides for your small business.
- More reasons to blog:
- It’s another page published on your website, giving people a reason to re-visit your website.
- Each new blog post is a new SEO opportunity! Each blog post is another chance to rank on a new keyword phrase related to your business.
- And each new blog post is another chance for potential customers to find you in Google search. Think about it…if your competitor has a standard 5 or 10 page website, but you have a standard 5 or 10 page website…with 25 or 50 or 100 blog posts, who do you think has more chances to be found in organic search?
- Think of it like this: Each new blog post is like another fishing line cast into the sea of Google
- Each blog post can be shared on social media – as a full blog post with link, and by taking bits of content (main points made in the blog post) to make into individual social posts.
- Each blog post can be email newsletter content.
- Videos can be turned into blog posts, and blog posts can be used to create videos.
- Each blog post is a chance to showcase your knowledge and expertise.
- Don’t think you can’t find anything to blog about. Start by answering FAQs – one per blog post.
Episode 9 Takeaways:
Liz: There are so many wonderful benefits of blogging! And one single blog post serves you over and over again, and in many, many ways.
Ronda: Don’t be afraid to give business blogging a chance. Don’t get into your own brain and psyche yourself out about writing a blog post. Simple things make big impacts to your customers.
Related Episodes: Intro to SEO for Small Business Owners
Listen On: Apple Podcasts, Google Play, and Spotify
Continue the Conversation:
Connect with Us: