Do you think every social media follower you have sees every post you publish? Sadly, most don’t. And it’s because of a pesky, top secret thing called an algorithm. In this episode, we break down everything you need to know about algorithms and give you tips on how to use an algorithm to your advantage as a small business owner.
We invite you to listen here on our website or from your favorite podcast player. Scroll below for episode summary and other resources.
Episode 6 Summary: All About the Algorithm: What it is & what it means for your small business
- What is an algorithm and what online marketing platforms an algorithm influences
- How an algorithm works and impacts which posts are shown to a user
- You can influence algorithms by focusing on quality content, looking at your website and social media platform analytics, understanding the various types of engagement and what’s favored, and responding to comments and questions
- Algorithms exist on search engines and with online advertising, though work differently than social algorithms
- No social media, search, or ads platform publishes all hundreds or thousands of factors that make up an algorithm
Episode 6 Takeaways:
Liz: Don’t stress out over algorithms! The more thought and intention you put into your content and online activity, the better off you’ll be with the algorithms.
Ronda: Keep your customer and their experiences with you in mind as your best strategy to win at the algorithms.
Listen On: Apple Podcasts, Google Play, and Spotify
Continue the Conversation:
Connect with Us: